Another breezy and cold day in Palma for the World Cup Series 1 at Trofeo Princesa Sofía (SSL 1000).
In ILCA7 (Men Laser), French Jean-Baptist Bernaz (12 pts) made the strongest come back, leading the fleet in front of his training partner Germany’s Philipp Buhl (13 pts) and Cypriot Pavlos Kontides (17 pts).
In ILCA6 (Women Laser), Canadian Sarah Douglas (5 pts) keeps the lead. Meanwhile, Greek Vasileia Karachaliou (14 pts) and Polish Agata Barwinska (15 pts) had a very successful day, provisionally ending up 2nd and 3rd.
In 49erFX, battle raged on the course between World Champion Odile Van Aanholt/ Annette Duetz (9 pts) and Olympic Champions Martine Grael/ Kahena Kunze (10 pts). Germany’s Sophie Steinlein/ Marie Thusgaard Olsen (12 pts) stand 3rd.
In 49er, French duo Erwan Fischer/ Clément Pequin (5 pts) are still 1st, closely followed by Germany’s Jakob Meggendorfer/ Andreas Spranger (6 pts) and Norway’s Mathias Berthert/ Jeppe Nilsen (17 pts).
In 470 (mixed dinghy), the Spanish team took the lead after Jordi Xammar/ Nora Brugman (6 pts) won the last race of the day. Italian duo Giacomo Ferrari/ Bianca Caruso (8 pts) are now standing 2nd. The French pair Kevin Peponnet/ Aloïse Retornaz (17 pts) entered the Top 3 after finishing 2nd and 3rd in the last two races of the day.
In Nacra17, both Italian boats clinch the top 2. Ruggero Tita/ Caterina Banti (5 pts) make a strong claim to the overall win, with their co-nationals Gianluigi Ugolini/ Maria Giubilei (11 pts) fighting against Finnish team Sinem Kurtbay/ Akseli Keskinen (14 pts).
DID YOU KNOW?
Trofeo Princesa Sofia is an SSL 1000-point event that counts for SSL Ranking.
- Competitions are classified into eight categories.
- Each category is granted a number of points to be awarded to the athletes, from 10 to 4000 points – 1000 points at Trofeo Princesa Sofia.
- SSL points are awarded to account for 100% for the first year, 50% for the second year, and 0% for the third year
- The athletes‘ six best results are taken into account according to the system mentioned above (and all local regattas)
- All athletes who complete a round of a regatta included in the Ranking obtain at least one point.